Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
This collection contains materials dating from 1883 to 1887, during which time the University was without a President and the Chairman of the Faculty assumed the presidential responsibilities. The three faculty who held this title were Rodes Massie (1883-1885), Eben Alexander (1885-1886), and Samuel B. Crawford (1886-1887).
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
This collection houses meeting minutes, reports, papers, notes, and records of awards documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Commission for Women from 1970 to 2002. The bulk of the material dates from the 1980s.
This collection houses annual reports, papers, and other materials documenting the Dean of Women at the University of Tennessee.
This collection includes one folder of two letters from Gary Beck at the University of Tennessee to his parents in Ocala, Florida.
This collection consists of an autograph book of Henry Lenoir's from his time at Hiwassee College from 1880-1882. Writings from peers include good wishes for future endeavors and quotes from famous poems.
Collection contains a single mounted photograph of the 1912 Lane College baseball team. The image depicts thirteen African American men including ten uniformed players and three men in suits. This photograph belonged to Arthur Riley, the catcher for the team. On the back of the mounting, the names of the players and their positions are written.
This collection houses photocopies of two scrapbooks that Lou Daughtry compiled during her time at the University of Tennessee (1950-1952). Among the items included are clippings, programs, photographs, invitations, ticket stubs, and calendars.
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
A library catalog for the Philomathian Society at Cumberland University in Tennessee. The catalog includes a list of books in the society's library from May 20, 1844. There is also a chronological account of books borrowed between 1845 and 1848 from the library. This list includes surname of borrower, book number (which corresponds to the book list), date borrowed and returned.
This collection houses fourteen student poems that were entered into a 1940 poetry contest at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
Richard L. White wrote the bulk of the letters in this collection to his father, Thomas White, while he was studying at East Tennessee University in 1846. Also included are a letter that White wrote to his father from California in 1852 and a letter that Joseph Estabrook enclosed with R. L. White's school report.
- Subject: College students. X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 16
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 13
- College students -- Tennessee. 9
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 7
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 7
- African American teachers. 3
- African Americans -- Education. 3
- College students. 3
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 3
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 3
- African Americans -- Tennessee. 2
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in higher education -- United States. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- African American college students -- Scholarships, fellowships, etc. -- Tennessee. 1
- African American farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Agricultural laborers. 1
- American poetry -- 19th century. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- Authors, American. 1
- Autograph albums. 1
- Civil rights -- Mississippi. 1
- Civil rights -- Periodicals. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Haywood County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Race relations. 1
- Lebanon (Tenn.) 1
- Letters. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 1
- Poets, American. 1
- School integration -- Southern States. 1
- Southern States -- Social conditions -- Periodicals. 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1
- Women -- Education -- United States. 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965. Speeches. Selections 1 ∧ less