Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Charles Morris Civil War Letters
This collection contains two handwritten letters from soldier Charles Morris written in 1864 and 1865 from east Tennessee. The letters are addressed to his brother and sister in South Wales, New York.
James K. P. Sayler Papers
The James K. P. Sayler Papers, 1857-1943, contain correspondence, writings and speeches, bills, contracts, and other papers related to the life of Sayler, a Confederate soldier stationed in Vicksburg, MS, during the Civil War and a teacher Romeo, Tenn. Among the topics discussed are pre-Civil War politics (particularly in Missouri), military life and movement during the war, and educational and religious theory.
Roswell Kingsley Collection
This collection consists of 25 letters relating to Roswell and Nannie Kingsley, their family members, and some of their friends written from 1850-1885. The correspondence provides insights into East Tennessee during the Civil War as well as a look at ex-Confederate home life.
- Greeneville (Tenn.). 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Mounted Infantry, 61st. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less