Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Andrew Jackson Letter
In a letter dated March 22, 1829, Andrew Jackson writes from Washington, D.C. to William Donelson concerning Andrew Jackson Hutchings, a ward of Jackson and his wife Rachel.
Dates: 1829 March 22
Andrew Johnson Letters
This collection includes two letters written by Andrew Johnson. The letters are dated March 3, 1863 and February 4, 1865 and are written from Nashville, Tennessee.
Dates: 1863 March 3, 1865 February 4
Greer and Vinsinger Family Collection of American Revolutionary War Documents
Abstract These twelve letters and two documents (created in the U.S. House of Representatives during the 12th Congress) are addressed to or refer to Colonel Anthony Walton White. The earlier letters are personal or military correspondence, while the later materials document White's efforts to reclaim part of his lost fortune and to have a memorial in his name. White's correspondents include Sir Banastre Tarleton, Edward Rutledge, Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette,...
Dates: 1777 June 19-1845 August 29
Walter Chandler Papers
Seven bound volumes containing the correspondence of Walter Chandler, a former Tennessee state representative (1917), State Senator (1921-1923), U.S. Representative (1935-1940) and mayor of Memphis (1943-1946 and 1955). The correspondence includes letters from U.S. presidents, Supreme Court justices, and other well-known persons.
Dates: 1903 -1960
- Bankruptcy -- United States. 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845 -- Correspondence. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 -- Correspondence. 1
- Legal correspondence. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1809-1817. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Congresses 1
- United States. Congress -- History -- 19th century. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less