Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Earle Wright Letters
Earle Wright wrote these letters to his family in Cortland, New York in July and August of 1917. In them, he discusses his life at a training camp in Chattanooga, Tennessee during World War I. Most of the correspondence is addressed to E. R. Wright or to Laura Wright, but it is meant for the entire family to read.
Edgar Johnson Letters
This collection consists of three letters written from Newburn, Tennessee, between December 4, 1917 and March 28, 1918 by Edgar Johnson of Company E of the 306th Ammunition Train (81st Division). The letters are addressed to Johnson's wife, Etta, and daughter, Lila, and discuss camp life, life at home, and the possibility of returning home for a visit.
George Whittington Correspondence
This collection consists of an envelope and four pages of correspondence, written by George Whittington, from Base hospital #7 in France to Eddie A. Snow of Boston, Massachusetts. The letter was written on Armistice Day, November 11, 1918 and is on American Expeditionary Force letterhead.
J. T. Sloan Correspondence and Other Materials
John Cripple Papers
This collection houses correspondence, orders, and ephemera documenting John Cripple's service with Company D of the 61st Infantry during World War I.
Walter Chandler Papers
Seven bound volumes containing the correspondence of Walter Chandler, a former Tennessee state representative (1917), State Senator (1921-1923), U.S. Representative (1935-1940) and mayor of Memphis (1943-1946 and 1955). The correspondence includes letters from U.S. presidents, Supreme Court justices, and other well-known persons.
- World War, 1914-1918. 3
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 2
- Bankruptcy -- United States. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Gibson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Kentucky -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Massachusetts -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- New York (State) -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- United States. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Congresses 1 ∧ less