Showing Collections: 21 - 27 of 27
This document instructs the Sheriff of Jefferson County to bring Molly King to give testimony before the July 27, 1795 session of the Knox County Court of Common Pleas and Quarter Sessions in the matter of Amos Byrd vs. Jacob Vanhooser.
This summons commands the Sheriff of Knox County to bring Watson Reed to the Knox County Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions on October 27, 1794 to give testimony in the case of James Stinson vs. William Henry. Reed is to speak on Henry's behalf.
This writ instructs the Sheriff of Knox County to locate John Evans (who assumed responsibility for Andrew Evans' affairs) and procure the $32.08 that he owes Daniel Prouel as the result of a debt and court costs. The Sheriff is to present the money at the next session of the Court so that it can be transferred to Prouel. A notation on the reverse indicates that Evans satisfied his obligation.
This collection includes nine Knox County court records. The records are dated 1795 to 1833 and they include commands for summons of those who needing to testify in Knox County circuit court. The commands are addressed to the sheriffs of various counties including Knox, Anderson, and Cocke County.
This collection contains the county court docket from 1866 to 1936 for Lincoln County, Tennessee.
This collection houses three legal documents created in Roane County, Tennessee. The first document is a marriage license for Hiram Babb and Malinda Griffis dated October 28, 1847; the second appoints J. J. Scarbraugh as a notary public on October 14, 1897 and is signed by then-governor of Tennessee Robert L. Taylor; the third is a bond posted by David Ferguson on November 15, 1848 regarding the marriage of Samuel D. Elkins and Martha Jane Wilson.
This handwritten document summons Samuel Newel to appear at the Knoxville Courthouse to testify on his possession of any of the estate of Solomon Marks.
- Subject: County courts -- Tennessee. X
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 9
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 8
- Legal instruments -- Tennessee. 6
- Court records -- Tennessee. 4
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 4
- Knox County (Tenn.). 4
- County courts -- Tennessee -- Roane County. 2
- Greene County (Tenn.) 2
- Legal documents -- United States. 2
- Affidavits -- Tennessee. 1
- Cocke County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Courts -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Debt. 1
- Fayetteville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal instruments -- United States. 1
- Lincoln County (Tenn.) 1
- Marriage licenses -- Tennessee. 1
- Roane County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) 1 ∧ less