Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of the personal papers of Ada Campbell Larew and includes manuscripts, historical essays, poems, plays, and short stories authored by Larew. Also available are personal correspondence, press clippings, and memorabilia.
This collection consists of a stereoview (two photographs that can be combined to create a 3-D image) of a Mountaineer's Cabin, Cumberland Gap, TN. On the reverse is a brief description of the hardships of life in a log cabin.
This collection consists of a Civil War letter written by Captain James W. Field on November 3, 1863, at Cumberland Gap. Field's letter pertained to the Cumberland Gap and his duties there as a soldier.
A single handwritten letter by Confederate soldier M. D. Wilson stationed at Cumberland Gap, TN on August 4, 1863.
A four-page handwritten letter, signed "MR" by Lieutenant Marcus Richardson, sent to Captain Joseph Washington Anderson. Written from Cumberland Gap, Tenn., the letter details the reconnaissance and skirmish that took place at Cumberland Gap in the days prior under the command of Major General Edmund Kirby Smith. The letter is dated March 23, 1862.
This collection consists of a research paper from 1928 by Walter E. Bryson. The paper concerns the history of Middlesboro, Harrogate, and the Cumberland Gap.
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 3
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Cumberland Gap Campaign, 1862. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Middlesboro (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence. 1
- Stereoscopic views -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less