Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 63
The University of Tennessee's Department of History published this newsletter, entitled Footnotes, in the fall of 2004. It includes an interview with Professor Thomas Burman about his book on reading the Koran in Latin Christendom and an article about Professor Bruce Wheeler's retirement in addition to information about faculty awards, research, and alumni.
This commemorative program celebrates the 50th anniversary of the University of Tennessee's Development Council.
Earl Zwingle created this collection of University of Tennessee memorabilia. It includes programs for and tickets to such events as Carnicus, Volunteer Vanities, and Aloha Oe, two ballots for All Student's Club elections, and newspaper articles documenting alumni events. The collection also houses several letters to and from Earl Zwingle, Milton Klein, and former University of Tennessee President Joseph Johnson.
This collection contains a Christmas Hill-O-Gram sent out to the University of Tennessee's staff and faculty. It bears the signatures of many of the University's employees, including president James D. Hoskins, John C. Hodges, Charles Ferris, L. R. Hesler, Nathan W. Dougherty, Ralph Dunford, and Charles Perkins.
These reprints, collected by Dr. J. Wesley Hoffmann of the UT History Department, document important scholarship in the fields of History, Classics, English, and Education. Among the major authors represented are John L. Snell, Leo Loubire, and Robert D. Warth. The reprints are arranged alphabetically by author and then by title.
This collection houses a three-volume report documenting the state of the University of Tennessee's Interdisciplinary Programs in 1995.
This brochure lists the events that the Issues Committee planned to host during the fall of 1997, including a nuclear physicist lecturing on UFO’s, an animal rights panel discussion, a lecture on ethnic and religious conflict in Latin America, and a lecture on leadership by New York Governor George Pataki. The brochure also provides a list of the Committee's officers and members.
The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, speeches, notes, and other materials documenting James D. Hoskins' work with the University of Tennessee during the 1930s and 1940s. Other materials show his involvement with the Sons of the Revolution, the genealogy of the Hoskins family, and Tennessee history.
This collection houses The Torch freshman magazine for 1937-1938, the University of Tennessee News Letter for June 1937, and a promotional magazine for the Tennessee-Georgia football game in October of 1937 documenting James E. Patterson's time at UT.
The University of Tennessee's Judaic Studies Program published this newsletter in 2003. It contains information about faculty activities, the Program Director’s activities, invited lecturers, performances, teaching, and public service.
This issue of the Knoxville Magazine (October/November 2006) contains an article evaluating the changes that the lottery scholarship has caused in the University of Tennessee's student body.
This collection houses correspondence, data, statements of goals, budget materials, and other records documenting the University of Tennessee's Master Plan for Space and Facilities.
This collection houses materials documenting the life and work of University of Tennessee Historian and History Professor Milton Klein, including personal correspondence and items relating to the University Historian's Office (primarily yearly budget requests and allocations), Klein's involvement with the American Association of University Professors, and the Haines-Morris Lecture Fund.
This collection houses papers documenting University of Tennessee Professor and Historian Milton Klein's work with the Faculty Club (including budget materials and meeting agendas and minutes), the Phi Kappa Phi honor society (including membership materials and speeches and programs showing induction ceremonies), and proposals to the National Endowment for the Humanities.
University of Tennessee Historian Milton M. Klein assembled this Fact Book, which contains short summaries and statistics showing campus history and information about important dates, professors, and students.
This collection houses a catalog listing courses offered during the 2000 miniterm. The cover is designed with a nautical theme and depicts a compass.
This collection houses news summaries that the University of Tennessee's Office of Public Relations prepared during the latter half of 1996. Summaries were issued on each weekday and include updates on University news, information about current research being conducted at the University, important news from other Universities, and information about state funds for higher education, among other topics.
This collection houses materials documenting research projects on the University of Tennessee's campus, including research initiatives and expenditures.
This collection houses financial, administrative, and personnel files documenting the University Historian’s Office. This unit was composed of the Historian, a research associate, and graduate and undergraduate Student Assistants.
This collection houses two issues of the Phoenix, a student-created magazine containing poetry, short stories, photographs, drawings, and other art.
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 61
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 57
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 57
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 3
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 2
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- History -- Study and teaching. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Public relations -- Study and teaching. 1
- Science -- Periodicals. 1
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- Catalogs. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Planning. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less