Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection consists of correspondence and financial papers documenting Albion Tipton Blair of McMinn County, Tennessee between 1840 and 1884. These materials detail the goods and transactions of the general store he owned and the financial collapse of another one of his operations. In addition, the collection houses poetry written or copied by Blair's wife, Eliza Ann (Reynolds) Blair.
This collection consists of a single handwritten letter from C. M. Dietz & Company in Hunnicutt, Tennessee to Mr. John D. Kries in Wartburg, Tennessee regarding an order. The letter is dated May 19, 1899.
A handwritten ledger book contains records of purchases and trades made by an unidentified general store, possibly near Lake City, Tennessee, from 1911-1912.
This collection consists primarily of receipts and correspondence documenting Gideon Cate's general store in Blountville, Tennessee between 1837 and 1889. Also included is a photograph of the building Cate's business was housed in, several land deeds showing how Cate expanded his holdings, and Cate's phrenological profile. Additionally, the collection houses a photograph of a sophomore botany class at the University of Tennessee and a receipt of funds from Nathaniel Hart, dated from 1797.
This collection contains 48 handwritten ledger sheets from Parkes, Plunkett & Co., a manufacturing business in Franklin, TN, dated 1835-1874.
This collection includes 134 handwritten records for Parkes, Plunkett & Company dating between 1822 and 1853. The records include receipts, notes, correspondence, and drawings.
This collection is an account book for a general store located in Henry Crossroads, Tennessee. Dates in the book run from 1831 to 1848. Some pages in the book also include what appears to be handwriting practice, likely from William Bryan's children.
- Subject: General stores -- Tennessee. X
- Business -- Tennessee. 2
- Franklin (Tenn.) 2
- Account books -- Tennessee. 1
- Account books. 1
- Blountville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Blountville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamblen County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Jefferson County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Sullivan County. 1
- McMinn County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Pigeon Forge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 1
- Sevierville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- Social life and customs. 1
- Williamson County (Tenn.) -- History 1 ∧ less