Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains two handwritten affidavits, one incomplete and the other a copy of a notarized version, attesting to the hardships faced by Edgar Johnson's wife and daughter while he is away from home in the army.
This collection consists of a letter from Clyde (unknown last name), of Rutherford, Tenn., to Donald Davidson, also of Rutherford, dated May 16, 1962. The letter concerns the author's recent visit to Spring Hill, Tenn., in search of their old school building.
This collection consists of three letters written from Newburn, Tennessee, between December 4, 1917 and March 28, 1918 by Edgar Johnson of Company E of the 306th Ammunition Train (81st Division). The letters are addressed to Johnson's wife, Etta, and daughter, Lila, and discuss camp life, life at home, and the possibility of returning home for a visit.
H.F. Cummins published this four-column broadside from Paris, Tennessee in order to share his political goals, should he be elected to the state legislature.
In this collection, John R. Fog Court Order, 1831, is one document, ordering the payment due for travel expenses to Lewis [Forcae] from John R. Fog.
This diary, written by Thomas I. Fitzgerald during World War I, documents his journey from the United States to France, his experiences on the Western Front, and his return to Tennessee.
- Subject: Gibson County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 2
- Broadsides 1
- Carroll County (Tenn.) 1
- Debates and debating -- Societies, etc. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Justice, Administration of -- Tennessee. 1
- Madison County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less