Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Andrew Johnson Letter
Four page personal correspondence between Andrew Johnson and his son, Robert Johnson, dated February 7, 1859 from Washington City.
Bob Clement Oral History
The Bob Clement Oral History is a project conducted by University of Tennessee doctoral students Travis Hardy and Aaron Crawford.
The collection includes recordings and transcripts of oral interviews with former Congressman Bob Clement and his family members. Focus is on Clement's long and varied career in public service, from his father's time as Tennessee's governor to his own positions at the Tennessee Valley Authority and terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Buford Ellington Papers
This collection documents the State of Tennessee in 1970. The material primarily consists of information commissions, departments, and offices. Additionally, there are briefings on the environment, housing and revenue.
Lee Seifert Greene Collection
Some Themes in the Early Life of William G. Brownlow
This collection consists of a senior thesis on William G. Brownlow originally submitted to the history department of Princeton University by Gordon Bonnyman Jr. The thesis discusses Brownlow's early life, career as a circuit rider, and some themes to 1860.
State of Tennessee Executive Orders
The collection consists of Executive Orders signed by Tennessee governors between 1971 and 1983.
William G. Brownlow Papers
This collection consists primarily of letters documenting William Gannaway Parson Brownlow's service as Governor of Tennessee and showing the problems that Tennessee faced during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Also included are letters to and from Brownlow's son John Bell Brownlow.
William Gannaway Brownlow Letters
This collection contains five letters written by William G. Brownlow between 1836 and 1862. In them, he discusses speaking engagements and the Civil War. Also included are three photographs of Brownlow.
William Gannaway Brownlow Papers
This collection contains a copy of a newspaper account book, A Narrative of the Life, Travels, and Circumstances Incidents Thereto of William G. Brownlow, and two bonds signed by Brownlow. The narrative appears to have suffered water damage and many parts are faded or illegible.
Winfield Dunn Autobiography Manuscripts
This manuscript describes the political life of former Governor of Tennessee Winfield C. Dunn. The bulk of the text deals with the 1970 Republican Gubernatorial Primary and the subsequent Gubernatorial race in the State of Tennessee.
Winfield Dunn Collection
The collection documents many of Tennessee Governor Winfield Dunn's activities between 1971 and 1975. Material includes addresses, messages, and statements; legislative summaries; attempts by the governor to veto legislation.
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 6
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 4
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 1
- Elections -- Tennessee. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 -- Correspondence. 1
- Journalists -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1 ∧ less