Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Four page personal correspondence between Andrew Johnson and his son, Robert Johnson, dated February 7, 1859 from Washington City.
This collection consists of a senior thesis on William G. Brownlow originally submitted to the history department of Princeton University by Gordon Bonnyman Jr. The thesis discusses Brownlow's early life, career as a circuit rider, and some themes to 1860.
This collection consists primarily of letters documenting William Gannaway Parson Brownlow's service as Governor of Tennessee and showing the problems that Tennessee faced during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Also included are letters to and from Brownlow's son John Bell Brownlow.
This collection contains five letters written by William G. Brownlow between 1836 and 1862. In them, he discusses speaking engagements and the Civil War. Also included are three photographs of Brownlow.
This collection contains a copy of a newspaper account book, A Narrative of the Life, Travels, and Circumstances Incidents Thereto of William G. Brownlow, and two bonds signed by Brownlow. The narrative appears to have suffered water damage and many parts are faded or illegible.
This manuscript describes the political life of former Governor of Tennessee Winfield C. Dunn. The bulk of the text deals with the 1970 Republican Gubernatorial Primary and the subsequent Gubernatorial race in the State of Tennessee.
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 5
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Correspondence. 1
- Elections -- Tennessee. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 -- Correspondence. 1
- Journalists -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1 ∧ less