Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of legal, financial, and other documents related to members of the Ryan family of Grainger County, Tennessee.
These account books for Holston Paper Mill are ledgers documenting buyers who purchased from the company during the years 1825-1836.
The Jarnagin Family Papers, 1834-1890, consists primarily of receipts from personal and business expenses accrued by the Grainger County, Tenn., family. The majority of these receipts are from East Tennessee businesses, including Cowan, McClung & Co. of Knoxville.
This tax receipt notes John Hillsman's return of 68,200 acres of land in Grainger County, Tenn., as payment for taxes for the year 1799.
This collection contains a scrapbook, containing newspaper clippings of Reconstruction Era Southern politics and poems or interesting facts, kept by the Shields family of Bean Station, Tenn.
The Tate Springs Hotel Registers reflects the operations of the Tate Springs Resort near Bean Station, Grainger County, Tennessee under the ownership of the Thomas Tomlinson Estate. The collection primarily includes hotel registers and guest cards dated between 1923 and 1940, prior to when the hotel and resort closed in 1941.
Reverend Thomas Stringfield wrote this letter to the Reverend J. C. Bingham and Dr. Noah Levings from Bean's Station (Grainger County) Tennessee on April 19, 1846. In it, he reports on his activities as an itinerant Methodist preacher in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina, including the sermons he has preached, the Bible Societies he has founded, and the Bibles he has distributed in such places as Bean's Station (Tennessee), Asheville (North Carolina), and Jonesboro (Tennessee).
- Account books -- Tennessee. 1
- Buncombe County (N.C.) -- History. 1
- Business -- History. 1
- Hawkins County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hotels -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Legal documents -- United States. 1
- Maury County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Scott County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Taxation -- Tennessee -- Grainger County. 1
- United States -- History -- 1865-1921. 1 ∧ less