Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Fink Mountain Days Manuscript
Abstract The collection consists of a typed manuscript, written in 1960 in Jonesboro, Tennessee, by mountaineer and Tennessee historian Paul Fink, entitled “Mountain Days. A Journal of Camping Experiences in the Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina. 1914-1938.” An early draft of his 1975 book, Backpacking was the only way, the journal details his experiences exploring the Smoky Mountains and includes accounts of how he helped developed the Appalachian Trail...
Ruth Ewald Collection Regarding the Great Smoky Mountains
This collection houses Smoky Mountains Hiking Club Handbooks, newsletters, pocket maps, and guides to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park assembled by Ruth Z. Ewald.
Smoky Mountains Hiking Club Records
This collection consists primarily of bulletins, photographs, song sheets, member information, and other materials documenting the Smoky Mountains Hiking Club. Also included are a few issues of the Georgia Mountaineer, three guidebooks to various areas of the Smoky Mountains, and materials describing the building of a transmountain road in the 1960s and the passage of the 1964 Wilderness Bill.
Dates: 1926-1969 July
- Subject: Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. X
- Subject: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. X
- Subject: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). X
- Subject: Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. X
- Subject: Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. X