Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Carson Brewer Articles
Carson Brewer wrote these columns for the Knoxville News-Sentinel on such subjects as Knoxville, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the people and communities of the Smoky Mountains region, and the Tennessee Valley Authority between the 1940s and the 1980s.
Dates: circa 1925-1994 September 29 (bulk 1949 June 6-1994 September 29)
Abstract This collection includes extensive documentation on the history and families of Cades Cove, Tennessee, collected by John W. Oliver and used by Durwood C. Dunn in his book Cades Cove: The Life and Death of a Southern Appalachian Community, 1818-1937. Papers include original manuscripts, typescripts, photocopies, and notes. The materials include correspondence; legal and business documents; genealogical, church, and cemetery records; personal memoirs; newspaper...
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Oral History Collection
This collection contains oral histories about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park through interviews of people who lived in the area in the early twentieth century. These interviews were conducted by students from the University of Tennessee in Anthropology and Appalachian Folklore classes.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Cades Cove (Tenn.) -- Biography. 1
- Cumberland Mountains. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodist Church -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Norris (Tenn.) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Primitive Baptists -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1 ∧ less