Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection houses approximately 16,500 bills, orders, receipts, and contracts documenting the University of Tennessee between 1893 and 1912. Among the subjects represented are the University Boarding Club (1897-1900), Knoxville College (1897-1898), and the Library (1893-1910). Also included are contracts made between the University and various fraternities for boarding in the fraternity houses.
This collection houses a Chi Delta Phi (University of Tennessee Chapter) magazine entitled The Litterateur dating from March of 1940 and a membership pin. The magazine includes literary pieces written by Chi Delta Phi members and the membership pin is engraved with the name Betty Greer and date Feb. 15, 1940.
This collection houses requests and planning documents that the University of Tennessee's sororities submitted to Facilities Planning to petition for space at the Sorority Village planned for the west end of campus. This collection also contains short descriptions of each sorority submitted previous to its formal request.
This collection houses photocopies of two scrapbooks that Lou Daughtry compiled during her time at the University of Tennessee (1950-1952). Among the items included are clippings, programs, photographs, invitations, ticket stubs, and calendars.
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
The bulk of these photographs depict the Carnicus events held at the University of Tennessee in 1958 and 1959. Other images show All Sing (1958) and the UT Band.
This collection consists of two photographs of the University of Tennessee chapter of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity dating from 1938 and 1939. The images include the name of each member and his state of origin as well as the Chapter's house mother. The photographs were shot at Seat's Studio in Lebanon, Tennessee.
This collection is composed primarily of newspaper articles (taken mainly from the Daily Beacon and the Knoxville News-Sentinel) documenting student organizations, publications, fraternities and sororities, and Senior Gift. The Senior Gift is further documented with several pamphlets. Additionally, the collection houses information showing student participation in and service to the community.
The University of Tennessee's Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity (Epsilon-Omicron Chapter) published this edition of the Tennessee Echo on March 15, 1943. It discusses war bonds, intramurals, class pledges, banquets, and fraternity members joining the Army. The paper originally belonged to Warren Wilson of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Subject: Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 8
- College students -- Tennessee. 3
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 2
- College student government. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less