Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
This collection includes the papers of a multitude of Fox family members, including Andrew Fox, Sr. and his sons Andrew, Ezekiel, Henry, and Isaac. Also included are the papers of an additional son, James A. Fox, his son, James A. Fox, Jr., and his grandson, James S. Fox. The majority of these papers are comprised of correspondence, receipts, property deeds, and grants. Also included is a collection of family photographs.
This collection consists of a single bound register book for members of Methodist Episcopal churches in Greene County, Tennessee, between 1874 and 1892.
This collection includes three documents that dictate the release and sale of Alexander Thompson's lands in part to Jacob Newman in Greene County, Tennessee.
Collection consists of an original document created on March 26, 1796, recording land grants distributed by Greene County in 1795. A total of 85 grants were given out. The document was written by James Stinson under the authority of Colonel Landon Carter.
This collection contains a transcript dated 1813-1814 of the court case of Joseph Kirk v. James Hays Jr. in the Greene County (Tenn.) Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions.
This collection contains two ledger books from Greeneville, Tennessee, with entries from the Board of Mayor and Alderman on tax reports, town codes, and more between 1818 and 1871.
This collection consists of two route directories for postal carriers in Greene County, Tennessee from 1911 and 1915. Written in the directories are names of residents and businesses, listed alphabetically, and their addresses.
This collection has five court summonses for the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions for Greene County, Tennessee dating between January and April 1822. Each summons is on behalf of Jane Russell, acting for her deceased husband, John Russell.
This collection consists of a single receipt from John Haywood, dated December 1, 1788. The receipt was sent from North Carolina to Greene County, Tennessee.
The black and white photograph is labeled Andrew Johnson's tailor shop and is undated.
An account book of goods provided by an unidentified merchant located in Rheatown, Tennessee between March 5, 1842 and July 29, 1844.
This collection contains two cabinet cards with portraits taken at Rhodes Studio in Greeneville, Tennessee. One photo depicts a man and a woman, and the other depicts two children.
The Ripley Family Papers, 1811-1930, contain correspondence, legal papers, bill and receipts, and other papers of the members of a Greene County, Tenn., family. The bulk of the collection consists of documents noting the sale of plots of land.
This collection consists of 25 letters relating to Roswell and Nannie Kingsley, their family members, and some of their friends written from 1850-1885. The correspondence provides insights into East Tennessee during the Civil War as well as a look at ex-Confederate home life.
The account book contains the accounts of the Rush, Oliphant & Company business of Greene County, Tenn. from 1855 to 1866, along with various other notes that include recipes, a few loose newspaper clippings, and a recipe card.
The collection consists of one item, a judgment issued against James Richardson, the former Sheriff of Greene County in the Washington District of the Southwest Territories. The judgment summons him to the next meeting of the Superior Court of Law in Jonesborough in a few months time.
This collection includes a handwritten manuscript of William Walter Harman's
The History of Main Street, Greeneville, Tenn. written in 1920. The manuscript is written in two bound journals.
- Subject: Greene County (Tenn.) X
- Greene County (Tenn.) 12
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 4
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- History. 4
- Greeneville (Tenn.). 4
- Account books -- Tennessee. 3
- County courts -- Tennessee. 2
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Greene County. 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee. 1
- Debt. 1
- Dry-goods -- Tennessee. 1
- General stores -- Tennessee. 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Militia. 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Justice, Administration of -- Tennessee. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Law enforcement -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- United States. 1
- Merchants. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South -- Clergy. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Photographers -- Tennessee. 1
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 1
- Postal service -- Tennessee. 1
- Rheatown (Tenn.) 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Registers. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee, East -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- Registers. 1
- Tennnessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Registers. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less