Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Carson Brewer Articles
Carson Brewer wrote these columns for the Knoxville News-Sentinel on such subjects as Knoxville, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the people and communities of the Smoky Mountains region, and the Tennessee Valley Authority between the 1940s and the 1980s.
Dates: circa 1925-1994 September 29 (bulk 1949 June 6-1994 September 29)
E. S. Chesbrough Letter
E. S. Chesbrough wrote this letter to H. M. Nelson, a civil engineer in Faytteville, North Carolina, from Knoxville, Tennessee on June 12, 1837. In it, Chesbrough describes spending the night with a local family in a small cabin, mentions his duties as a surveyor, and discusses some church matters. This collection also houses a typewritten transcript of the original letter.
Dates: 1837 June 12
- Cades Cove (Tenn.) 1
- Cumberland Mountains -- Social life and customs. 1
- Cumberland Mountains. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Norris (Tenn.) 1
- Surveyors -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1 ∧ less