Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
1982 Knoxville International Energy Exposition Collection
The 1982 Knoxville International Energy Exposition Collection consists of five series, occupying two boxes. The collection material contains correspondence and other documents from the numerous organizations that were instrumental in bringing the World's Fair to Knoxville in 1982.
Betsey Beeler Creekmore Papers
This collection contains the notes, photographs, and books collected by Betsey Beeler Creekmore for her publications and research about the Knoxville region and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Correspondence regarding the World's Fair Park
This collection houses correspondence documenting the University of Tennessee's role in the further development of the site of the 1982 World's Fair. Some of the correspondence proposes that the site be used for an Appalachian Pioneer Museum. The collection also contains a report from the working group charged with planning for the site.
Knoxville (Tenn.) Chamber of Commerce Collection
Knoxville World's Fair Collection
A collection of material from the World's Fair that took place in Knoxville, Tennessee, from May through October 1982.
Knoxville World's Fair Collection
This collection houses guidebooks, picture books, exhibit brochures from the Peruvian and Saudi Arabian pavilions, and other literature documenting the World's Fair held in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1982.
Knoxville World's Fair Press Kits
This collection consists of two press kits documenting the 1982 World's Fair held in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Luke Ebersole Papers
This collection houses materials that Luke Ebersole collected and created while working as the University of Tennessee's Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (1970-1972), Vice Chancellor for Planning and Administration (1972-1984), and Emeritus Vice Chancellor and Emeritus Professor (1984-).
Moore Family Collection
Papers on the Knoxville International Energy Exposition
Term papers from Dr. R. B. Cunningham's Political Science 5140 course in the spring of 1977. The papers focused on the Knoxville International Energy Exposition (also known as the World's Fair) in 1982 in Knoxville, Tennessee, and the event's impact on the city financially and politically. Students explored issues such as parking, traffic, cost, power, environmental impact, waste management, and effects on local businesses before, during, and after the convention.
W. Stuart Evans Collection
The W. Stuart Evans Collection spans from 1972 through 1986 and consists of Correspondence, Proposals, and Publications. The bulk of the material involves the design and administration of the Knoxville International Energy Exposition (KIEE), also known as the 1982 World's Fair.
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 10
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 7
- Artists -- Tennessee -- Gatlinburg. 1
- City planning -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 1
- Fairs -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Economic conditions. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States. President (1981-1989; Reagan). 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) -- History. 1 ∧ less