Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
Dates: 1865 February 4
Jacob Rowland Letters
Abstract This collection consists of two letters from Union soldier Jacob Rowland to his sister, Olive. The first letter, dated January 26, 1865, is sent from Knoxville, Tenn., where Rowland reports of "...quiet times here in Knoxville just now occasionally review as inspection we moved our camp last Tuesday. We were on the south side of the river about 1 1/2 miles from the city. Now we are quartered inside of the breast works right in the suburbs..." The second letter, dated February 20, 1865, is...
Dates: 1865 January 26-February 20
Marquis D. L. Burnett Collection
Abstract The Marquis D. L. Burnett Collection, 1846-2000 (bulk 1862-1894), contains a memo book, photograph, and documents pertaining to Lt. Col. Marquis D. L. Burnett. Among other things, the memo book records Burnett's experiences during the Civil War (1862-63), lists accounts for soldiers' provisions, and provides descriptions of Burnett's career as a Baptist minister (1871-79), including notes on ordination services, reports of service and labor, etc. The copied documents include Burnett's 1846...
Dates: 1846-2000 (bulk 1862-1894)
Marquis D. L. Burnett Military Discharge Certificate
This certificate indicates that Marquis D. L. Burnett of Knoxville, Tennessee, who served as a Lieutenant Colonel in the 5th Regiment of the East Tennessee Infantry Volunteers, was honorably discharged. It is a replacement for his original discharge papers, which were issued on August 3, 1862.
Dates: 1884 April 23
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less