Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
The W. Gibbs McAdoo letter, written November 8, 1860, describes the mood in Knoxville, Tenn., after Lincoln's election. He also tells of an incident in which someone tied a tin bucket and a note reading "Going out of the Union" to a dog and turned it loose on Gay Street.
1860 November 8
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.)
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History.
- Subject: Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865.
- Language: English