Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
Jacob Rowland Letters
Marquis D. L. Burnett Collection
Marquis D. L. Burnett Military Discharge Certificate
This certificate indicates that Marquis D. L. Burnett of Knoxville, Tennessee, who served as a Lieutenant Colonel in the 5th Regiment of the East Tennessee Infantry Volunteers, was honorably discharged. It is a replacement for his original discharge papers, which were issued on August 3, 1862.
Robert A. Ragan Letters
This collection houses eight letters from Robert A. Ragan to his wife, Emeline (Neass) Ragan, during the Civil War. In them, Ragan discusses battles and skirmishes with the Rebels, describes the landscapes he has seen, relates his frustration with army life, mentions his fear of moving too far South, and comments on his unit's movements and actions. He also expresses his concern for his family and friends in Tennessee and asks Emeline to write to him and to pray for him in the struggle.
Samuel B. Boyd Papers
This collection houses letters of recommendation for Samuel Boyd, correspondence to and from Samuel Boyd (including two letters he wrote while being held prisoner at Camp Chase, Ohio during the Civil War), genealogical notes, invitations, newspaper clippings, and resolutions on the deaths of Samuel and Isabella (Reed) Boyd.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 4
- Soldiers -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Religious aspects. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less