Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection houses five letters addressed to James M. Welcker. Most discuss financial and political matters (including Polk's nomination as a presidential candidate), but some also touch on family affairs.
The first of the journals in this collection recounts Joseph C. Strong's service in the U. S. Navy aboard the warship Trumbull as it escorted other ships from London to the Caribbean in 1800 and 1801. The second larger journal tells of Strong's activities in and around Knoxville in 1816 as he helped to establish a Bible Society. Both of these journals are typewritten copies of the originals.
This collection consists of a senior thesis on William G. Brownlow originally submitted to the history department of Princeton University.
This collection houses four letters written to Major William C. Mynatt in Knoxville, Tennessee. The majority discuss federal taxes and pensions, but one announces an engagement.
- Christianity -- Southern States. 1
- France -- History -- 1789-1815. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Land -- Taxation -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Pensions -- United States. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1809. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1815-1861. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1845-1861. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1 ∧ less