Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
This collection houses a letter that John Cleland wrote to his sister, Mary J. Jennie Cleland, in Defiance County, Ohio from Knoxville, Tennessee on December 14, 1863. In it, he discusses his regiment's participation in the Battle of Knoxville, including the losses they suffered.
1863 December 14
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.)
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863.
- Subject: Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence.
- Subject: United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865).