Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: Loudon County (Tenn.) X