Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. X