Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
E. S. Chesbrough Letter
E. S. Chesbrough wrote this letter to H. M. Nelson, a civil engineer in Faytteville, North Carolina, from Knoxville, Tennessee on June 12, 1837. In it, Chesbrough describes spending the night with a local family in a small cabin, mentions his duties as a surveyor, and discusses some church matters. This collection also houses a typewritten transcript of the original letter.
Frederick A. Ross Sermon
A pamphlet printed in 1830 of Reverend Frederick A. Ross' "A Sermon on Intemperance," given in Knoxville, Tennessee a year prior.
Henry Cherry Letters
The Henry Cherry Letters, 1864-1865, contain nine letters from Cherry, a Chaplain with the 10th Michigan Cavalry in the Civil War, to Amos Gould of Owosso, Mich., describing both military and civilian life in the Union Army during the Civil War. The majority of these letters were written from Knoxville, Tenn.
Marquis D. L. Burnett Collection
Methodist Episcopal Church Minutes
This collection consists of a book of minutes for the Methodist Episcopal Church in Knoxville, Tenn.
Seymour Family Papers
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- City planning -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Cumberland Mountains -- Social life and customs. 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Knoxville, Tenn.). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Maryville College -- History. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church. 1
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 1
- Rogersville (Tenn.) 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee. 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Knoxville, Tenn. 1
- Surveyors -- Tennessee. 1
- Temperance -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Church history. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 10th (1863-1865). 1 ∧ less