Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract This collection consists of two letters from Union soldier Jacob Rowland to his sister, Olive. The first letter, dated January 26, 1865, is sent from Knoxville, Tenn., where Rowland reports of "...quiet times here in Knoxville just now occasionally review as inspection we moved our camp last Tuesday. We were on the south side of the river about 1 1/2 miles from the city. Now we are quartered inside of the breast works right in the suburbs..." The second letter, dated February 20, 1865, is...
Dates: 1865 January 26-February 20
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) X