Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection contains documents from Andrew Jackson Graves' life and career as a Tennessee State Senator. The bulk of the material comes from the years 1933 to 1940, and relates to various projects Graves was involved in at the local, state, and national levels. The collection also contains a sizable number of posthumous documents pertaining to awards and honors he received after his death.
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
This collection consists of a senior thesis on William G. Brownlow originally submitted to the history department of Princeton University.
The W. Gibbs McAdoo letter, written November 8, 1860, describes the mood in Knoxville, Tenn., after Lincoln's election. He also tells of an incident in which someone tied a tin bucket and a note reading "Going out of the Union" to a dog and turned it loose on Gay Street.
This collection consists primarily of letters documenting William Gannaway Parson Brownlow's service as Governor of Tennessee and showing the problems that Tennessee faced during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Also included are letters to and from Brownlow's son John Bell Brownlow.
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- Governors -- Tennessee. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 2
- Democratic Party (Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Secession -- Southern States. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee. General Assembly. Senate. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Officials and employees. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less