Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
While encamped in the Cumberland Ford area of Knox County, Tenn., John W. Hammer serving in the 16th Ohio Infantry Company K writes to a friend named Annie. In this letter dated June 4, 1862, he describes the fortifications that are in place to protect them from the Confederates. His company moves toward the Confederate camps and skirmishes occur.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 16th (1861-1864). X