Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
One copy of the dissertation, "A History of Music in Knoxville, Tennessee, 1791 to 1910," written by Emma Katherne Crews.
The Dogwood Arts Festival Scrapbooks document the annual spring cultural arts festival that has occurred since April 1961 in Knoxville, Tennessee. This collection includes scrapbooks, photographs, news clippings, promotional materials, and administrative papers that date 1962-2005, with the bulk of the material dating 1980-1998.
In this letter to Ellen McClung Berry, dated March 11, 1960, from Palm Beach, Fla., the author (whose signature is unidentifiable) writes of a trip and hoping for a visit from friends in the upcoming weeks.
This collection contains a single letter on Hotel Farragut stationary, written by an unidentified son to his mother in Jackson, Tennessee, 1927.
The Margaret Graeme Canning Collection is composed of scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, opera programs, awards and certificates of achievement, reel-to-reel audio tapes, correspondence, publications, and photographs dealing with the lives of Margaret Graeme Canning and her mother, Mary Margaret Hoskins Canning.
This collection includes two scrapbooks of brochures, newspaper articles, programs, and pictures of performers from various theatres in Knoxville, Tennessee as well as in St. Louis, Missouri and Chicago, Illinois dating between 1889 to 1909.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. X
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- Art -- Exhibitions. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Theater. 1
- Music -- United States. 1
- Operas -- 18th century. 1
- Operas -- 19th century. 1
- Operas -- 20th century. 1
- Operas -- Europe. 1
- Operas -- Performances. 1
- Palm Beach (Fla.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Performing arts -- Tennessee -- Knoxville -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Sopranos (Singers). 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Theater 1
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Theaters -- Europe. 1
- Theaters -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Tucson (Ariz.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 1865-1918. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1 ∧ less