Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
This collection documents Auburn W. Herron Jr.'s military service during World War II and the Korean Conflict. The collection contains a photocopy of a flight logbook, documenting August 1944 to June 1945 and kept by a crewmembers of Herron's, David McKnight. Also included is background information written by McKnight providing details of Herron's life during the war. Lastly, the collection contains a CD-ROM of photographs taken by Herron 1950 to 1956 during the Korean Conflict.
The Charles D. Butte Collection, 1921-2003 (bulk 1940-1948), consists of diaries, memoirs, and histories of the 603rd Quartermaster Graves Registration Company (QM GR CO) that served during and after World War II. This collection extensively covers the activity of the QM GR CO, and the diaries give insight to the experiences shared by its members. The collection also includes several compact discs and a floppy disk that contain electronic copies of the printed information.
The Don Whitehead Journalistic Collection houses manuscripts, scrapbooks, correspondence, photos, newspaper columns, and personal memorabilia documenting Whitehead's 40-year journalistic career.
This collection consists of a photocopy of the Edward P. Laughlin Memoir, which details his service in the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers during the Korean War.
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
This collection consists of clippings, programs, correspondence, awards, photographs, and an audio CD pertaining to Frank Gross's time in Korea and his musical career.
This collection includes Gordon Beem's personnel records, other military documents, correspondence, and newspaper clippings as well as photographs and film negatives documenting his time with the U. S. Air Force during the Korean and Cold Wars.
This collection consists of an interview with Gordon R. Beem for the Veteran's Oral History Project, Center for the Study of War and Society, March 28, 2000. Mr. Beem served as a major of the United States Air Force in Korea.
The Hubert M. Styles Photographs is a collection that consists of a single CD of photographs from Styles’ time in the military service during the Korean Conflict from 1952 to 1953.
This collection consists of All Hands Man Your Battle Stations, a memoir written by J. R. Vincent. He was a former AOM USNR who fought in World War II and Korea.
This collection houses a transcript of an interview that G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn Meunier conducted with James R. Henderson on March 29, 2002 as part of the Veterans Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. In it, Henderson discusses his childhood in New York City, his time in the Army during the Korean War, his postwar career as a New York City police officer, and his later life in Sevier County, Tennessee.
This collection consists of a photograph album alongside loose photographs, military passes, correspondence, and other memorabilia related to the life of Corporal John L. Wallace and his military service during the Korean Conflict.
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
This collection is a single 57-page typed document written by retired U.S. Army Colonel John B. McKinney. The document is a first-person account of his experiences in the Korean War and spans the years 1946 to approximately 1953.
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
In this interview (conducted on 2001 April 5 as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Perry Goad describes his childhood in Sunbright, Tennessee, his service with the Army during the Korean War, and his postwar life working in a hosiery factory in Harriman, Tennessee.
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
- Subject: Korean War, 1950-1953. X
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans. 5
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 4
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 4
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Navy. 2
- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Harriman (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hosiery industry -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Journalists, American. 1
- Korean Poetry -- 20th century -- Translations into English. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Campaigns -- Korea (North) -- Changjin Reservoir. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Journalists. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Poetry -- Translations into English. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Registers of dead. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Songs and music. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Military bases, American. 1
- New York (N.Y.). Police Dept. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Seoul (South Korea) 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Soldiers' bodies, Disposition of. 1
- Tennessee -- Social life and customs. 1
- United States -- History, Military. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy -- Women. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Registers of dead -- United States. 1 ∧ less