Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
North Carolina Land Grant to George Doherty
This collection consists of a handwritten land grant dated July 10, 1788 from the state of North Carolina to George Doherty for 5,000 acres in Giles County (now in Tennessee) on Richland Creek.
Rhea Family Papers
This collection consists of material relating to the Rhea family of Sullivan County, Tennessee and covers the time period 1807-1931. Contained within the collection are Civil War-era records, John Rhea's financial transactions, Sons of Temperance financial transactions, material on Samuel Rhea's missionary trips to Persia, and John Rhea's correspondence. Also are included are Rhea genealogical material and various church records.
Bee-hive, or Early (1778-1791) North Carolina Land Grants in the
This index, titled The Tennessee Bee-hive, or Early (1778-1791) North Carolina Land Grants in the Volunteer State, lists the names of 3,151 Revolutionary War soldiers who received land grants in Tennessee as a reward for their military service. A preface describes where this information was found and outlines some of the features of American westward migration.
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cotton trade -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Giles County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land tenure -- North Carolina. 1
- Military pensions -- United States. 1
- Missionaries, American. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Claims. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Registers. 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812. 1 ∧ less