Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection consists of three deeds created in Knox County, Tennessee, between 1823 and 1836. The first, dated September 2, 1836, records a sale of seven enslaved people between Robert Campbell and Andrew McMillan. The second, dated September 7, 1823, is a deed for land in Knox County between John Rutherford and Richard Monds. The third, dated January 6, 1825, is a deed for land in Knox County between James Blackwell and his wife Elizabeth and John R. Nelson.
This collection consists of the Fifth Survey District of Tennessee's land entry survey book for the years 1811- 1815. It includes sketches and descriptions of land bought and sold in the area, names of land owners and descriptions of their property, and sketches of land plots in Knox, Claiborne, Anderson, Jefferson, Grainger, and Sevier Counties during these years.
This collection consists of four documents transferring land to and from George French in Knox County, Tennessee. The documents date between September 2, 1816 and February 5, 1864.
This drawing documents James White's transfer of a tract of land to his son, Hugh Lawson White, on January 13, 1797. The tract is adjacent to the Holston River and is bisected by Crozier Street and nearby First Creek. It extends approximately 154 poles to the east and 182 poles to the west. The King Wale House and Parks Mill are also indicated. The map's scale is 20 poles to 1 inch.
This land grant records Richard Thompson's purchase of 200 acres in Hinds Valley for 50 shillings per acre. It was recorded in New Bern (Hawkins County) North Carolina, which has since become part of Knox County, Tennessee. The extensive description of boundary markers and neighboring plots is blotted and hard to read in parts. The document is witnessed by His Excellency Richard Dobbs Spaight, Governor, Captain General, and commander in Chief of North Carolina.
- Subject: Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Knox County. X