Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This document certifies that Elizabeth Goshen (widow of Jacob Goshen) and her children James, Alexander, Caroline, Mary, and Susan sold Lot #5 on First Street in Kingsport, Tennessee to James Haggard of Hawkins County for $20.00.
This collection consists primarily of receipts and correspondence documenting Gideon Cate's general store in Blountville, Tennessee between 1837 and 1889. Also included is a photograph of the building Cate's business was housed in, several land deeds showing how Cate expanded his holdings, and Cate's phrenological profile. Additionally, the collection houses a photograph of a sophomore botany class at the University of Tennessee and a receipt of funds from Nathaniel Hart, dated from 1797.
This document certifies that Jacob and Eliza Myers sold Lot #11 on Second Street in Kingsport, Tennessee to John Patton in exchange for Lot #9 so that it could be used to benefit the Presbyterian Church.
This document certifies that James P. White purchased 5,000 acres of land in Sullivan County, Tennessee from George Bushong for $550.
This document describes the boundaries of a plot of land by listing the trees and poles that outline it. The back of the sheet, which is appears to be part of a larger piece of paper, is stamped "Knoxville Nov 9" and seems to be addressed to "Mr Jesse M, green field, Sull."