Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 50
A. H. Hubbs Papers
This collection houses legal documents, correspondence, and other materials documenting A. H. Hubbs' efforts to purchase land in Tennessee and establish the Tennessee Phosphate Rock Co.
A. R. Reese Document
A single handwritten deed of trust written by A. R. Reeves to R. M. Jones in Cocke County, Tennessee in 1905.
Abraham Swaggerty Deposition
In this deposition, Abraham Swaggerty testifies that he helped to survey 675 acres of land that the State of North Carolina granted to Robert Reed in 1787. This tract was included in a parcel of which James Corbus and William Murphy disputed ownership.
American Emigrant Aid and Homestead Company Letter and Notebooks
Anderson County Documents
Andrew Jackson Indenture of Partition, Conveyance, and Release
This indenture, made on December 5, 1822 and proven in January 1825, divides a 5,000 acre tract of land in Shelby County, Tennessee, between John Overton, James Winchester, Andrew Jackson, William Winchester, and George Winchester.
B. S. Williams Collection of 19th Century Knox County Deeds
This collection consists of three deeds created in Knox County, Tennessee, between 1823 and 1836. The first, dated September 2, 1836, records a sale of seven enslaved people between Robert Campbell and Andrew McMillan. The second, dated September 7, 1823, is a deed for land in Knox County between John Rutherford and Richard Monds. The third, dated January 6, 1825, is a deed for land in Knox County between James Blackwell and his wife Elizabeth and John R. Nelson.
Blount County Surveys
These two surveys were performed on behalf of Jacob and Margaret Thomas of Blount County, Tennessee. Each document includes a chart of markers and distances, a scale drawing of the plot, and a written description of the survey. Surveyor General Robert Wear certified both surveys on February 29, 1808.
Elizabeth Goshen Indenture
This document certifies that Elizabeth Goshen (widow of Jacob Goshen) and her children James, Alexander, Caroline, Mary, and Susan sold Lot #5 on First Street in Kingsport, Tennessee to James Haggard of Hawkins County for $20.00.
Elkmont Property Papers
This collection houses photocopies of deeds and other documents showing land transfers and recording land owned by the Little River Company and the Appalachian Club in Elkmont, Tennessee. The bulk of the collection consists of land transfer deeds dating from 1881 to 1929.
Fentress County Legal Documents
Fifth Survey District of Tennessee's Land Survey Book
This collection consists of the Fifth Survey District of Tennessee's land entry survey book for the years 1811- 1815. It includes sketches and descriptions of land bought and sold in the area, names of land owners and descriptions of their property, and sketches of land plots in Knox, Claiborne, Anderson, Jefferson, Grainger, and Sevier Counties during these years.
Francis B. Fogg Letter to D. A. Sherman
George D. Barnes Collection on Rhea County
This collection contains marriage bonds, land deeds, and other legal documents of Rhea County, Tennessee, dating from 1785 to 1893.
George French Documents
This collection consists of four documents transferring land to and from George French in Knox County, Tennessee. The documents date between September 2, 1816 and February 5, 1864.
Gideon Cate Papers
This collection consists primarily of receipts and correspondence documenting Gideon Cate's general store in Blountville, Tennessee between 1837 and 1889. Also included is a photograph of the building Cate's business was housed in, several land deeds showing how Cate expanded his holdings, and Cate's phrenological profile. Additionally, the collection houses a photograph of a sophomore botany class at the University of Tennessee and a receipt of funds from Nathaniel Hart, dated from 1797.
Gideon Morgan Letter to John C. Calhoun
In a letter dated August 16th, 1820, Gideon Morgan writes to John C. Calhoun regarding the lands he obtained in 1819 around the Citico Creek area of Tennessee.
Greene County Registers Office Documents
This collection includes three documents that dictate the release and sale of Alexander Thompson's lands in part to Jacob Newman in Greene County, Tennessee.
Henley Family Papers
Hugh Graham Papers
This collection consists of a bill of sale and a land grant, both to Hugh Graham of Claiborne County, Tennessee. The bill of sale concerns the sale of a horse and is dated January 19, 1827. The land grant concerns a 75-acre tract of land granted to Graham by the State of Tennessee. It is dated September 27, 1832.
- Subject: Land tenure -- Tennessee. X
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 20
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 5
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Sullivan County. 5
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 5
- Land tenure -- North Carolina. 3
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Anderson County. 3
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Blount County. 3
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Jefferson County. 3
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Sevier County. 3
- Fentress County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- General stores -- Tennessee. 2
- Kingsport (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Claiborne County. 2
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Fentress County. 2
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Greene County. 2
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Washington County. 2
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Sevierville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 2
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Account books -- Tennessee. 1
- Anderson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- Surveys. 1
- Blountville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Blountville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Land tenure. 1
- Cocke County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Coffee County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Courthouses -- Tennessee -- Jamestown. 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Elkmont (Tenn.) 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hickman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Indians of North America. 1
- Ireland -- Genealogy. 1
- Jamestown (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jefferson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- Kentucky. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Bledsoe County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Cocke County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Cumberland County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Grainger County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamblen County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamilton County (Tenn.). 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hickman County. 1
- Land tenure -- Texas. 1
- Landowners -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawrence County (Tenn.) 1
- Legal documents -- United States. 1
- Marriage records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Mining corporations -- Tennessee. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Nolichucky River (N.C. and Tenn.) 1
- Phosphate mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) -- Clergy. 1
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 1
- Real property -- Tennessee. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Roane County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 1
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 1
- Tennessee -- Emigration and immigration. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1815-1861. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Cavalry Regiment, 12th (1863-1865) 1
- Warren County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Washington County (N.C.) -- History. 1 ∧ less