Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Seventy page battlefield ledger for Company B of the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. The ledger includes daily medical reports from January 24th to April 15, 1863. During this time the company was stationed at Ft. Pickering, Tenn. defending Memphis. Patients are listed by name and action (i.e. excused from duty, assigned modified duty, sent to hospital, or quarantine). A small loose piece of paper -- possibly a prescription or doctor's note -- is included among the pages.
This collection consists of two letters written by Adam Loy of the 89th Indiana Infantry to his wife Sarah Loy. The first letter is written from Memphis, Tennessee and is dated May 21, 1863. The second letter is dated May 23. Loy writes of his experiences in the infantry.
The six photographs of this collection depict scenes of Union soldiers at Lookout Mountain and also war grounds along the Tennessee River and in Augusta, Georgia during the Civil War. The four lantern slides in this collection depict various Civil War battles and naval scenes.
Three letters from Private William Taylor of the 43rd Ohio Infantry to his sister Susan in Morrow County, Ohio, describe experiences in the Gayoso Hospital in Memphis and another military hospital in LaGrange, Tenn., during 1863.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 2
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains). 1
- Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Medicine, Military -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Tennessee River -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 117th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 43rd (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less