Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection houses one letter from George Lewis to his sister, Naracessa Hampton, of Casvade, Virginia. Lewis focuses on the plight of his sister, whose husband was apparently compelled to serve in the Confederate Army. He offers her advice and instructs her to keep her household in good condition.
This manuscript contains copies of regimental and brigade general and special orders documenting the activities of the Second Division of the Army of Tennessee under the command of General Grenville Mellen Dodge from 1 January 1863 to 14 January 1864.
Henry Bechtel of Company E of the 22nd Ohio Infantry wrote this letter to his parents on June 5, 1863 from camp on Haines Bluff in Mississippi. He mentions having recently left Jackson, Tennessee, and traveled through Memphis before approaching Vicksburg, Mississippi.
This collection houses a letter dated January 25, 1865 from Assistant Inspector General Major Henry Bryan (then stationed in Tombigbee River, Alabama) to Colonel George William Brent documenting the artillery units of the Confederate Army of Tennessee shortly before the Confederate surrender.
Lieutenant General Leonidas Polk wrote this broadside, entitled A Proclamation. To All Soldiers, in This Department Absent from Their Commands Without Leave, from his headquarters in Demopolis, Alabama on April 16, 1864. In it, he offers to pardon soldiers who have deserted if they return to their commands.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Alabama -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Broadsides 1
- Confederate States of America. Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee -- Artillery. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Mississippi Cavalry Regiment, 28th. 1
- Soldiers -- Mississippi -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Desertions. 1
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less