Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of press clippings and articles by Bess Stickley Hines, which appeared in the Madisonville Democrat newspaper from the early 1950s to the early 1960s. The articles and press clippings describe the history of Monroe County, Tennessee.
This collection contains the Estate Settlement of James Meek, signed by one of his heirs, Findley Orr, on May 10, 1836. It describes the settlement by B. B. Edmondson and allotment for payment of his services.
This book consists of work papers bound into book entitled Governmental and Social Organization of Chestuee Watershed and Vicinity dated August 1952.
This collection contains material collected during the excavation and archaeological research conducted of Fort Loudoun, TN in the 1950s and 1960s. In addition, there are a few documents from Knox County, TN from the late 18th century and the early 19th century concerning property and land ownership.
- Subject: Monroe County (Tenn.) X
- Monroe County (Tenn.) 3
- Monroe County (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- McMinn County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Polk County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Cherokee Indians -- History. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Land tenure. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee. 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) 1
- Fort Loudon (Tenn. : Fort) 1
- Historic preservation -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic sites -- Tennessee. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.). 1
- Medicine -- History. 1
- Mount Vernon (Tenn.) 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 18th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1 ∧ less