Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
E. H. Rennolds maintained these two diaries while he was serving with the 5th Tennessee Infantry (CSA) in 1863 and 1864 during the Civil War. In them, he describes his service in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, including his participation in the battles of Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville.
In this diary, John Ibaugh writes primarily of his movements between Philadelphia and Washington D.C. during the closing months of the Civil War. He also describes his service at the Battle of Nashville, the Battle of Chattanooga, and the Union Army's final march in Washington, D.C.
This stereoview photograph presents a scene of the outer lines of the Federal entrenchments on the battlefield at Nashville on December 16, 1864.
This collection consists of articles written in the early 1900s by Confederate soldier Charles Stephen Olin "C.S.O." Rice's memories of events in the Civil War.
This letter, written by William Velie and sent from Fort Rosencrance in Murfreesboro, Tennessee describes battles in the Middle Tennessee area, including Franklin and Nashville. Velie notes that the Commanding Officer of the Confederate Army in the area is General Hood, while his own commander in the Union Army is General Melroy.
- Subject: Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. X
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Franklin, Battle of, Franklin, Tenn., 1864. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 5th. 1
- Lauderdale County (Tenn.) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- Assassination. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Photographs -- 19th century. 1
- Soldiers -- Minnesota -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Diaries. 1
- Spring Hill, Battle of, Spring Hill, Maury County, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans. 1
- United States. Army. Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 29th (1861-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1 ∧ less