Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 40
This collections consists of two photographs of Hinton Rowan Helper, one at the age of 20 and one at approximately 70-75 years old. Accompanying the photos is a letter about the photos dated November 18, 1970 from Memory F. Mitchell to Gerald Gaither, research assistant in the department of history for the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
This collection consists of a photograph album depicting several houses in Tennessee, including Belle Meade near Nashville, Tennessee, Fair View near Gallatin, and Rattle and Snap near Columbia. The photographs and album are undated and were taken and compiled by an unknown photographer.
This collection features one photograph of Reverend James Park and his wife, Phebe, in their residence.
This collection is the photograph album of Mary K. Barden. These are photographs of rural farmers, teachers, and missionaries in Tennessee from 1915 to 1925. These pictures were taken in Hartford, Tennessee and its surrounding areas.
The collections show architectural photographs of construction and post construction of the university buildings that were built by McCarthy Architects. The buildings included in the photographs of the Humanities and Social Sciences Complex, Art and Architecture building, Hodges Library, the buildings around Circle Park, the Presidential Court complex.
Collection contains twelve portrait photographs of women taken in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Most of the photographs have no identifying information except for studio information, and some of the photographs are mounted.
This collection contains seven portrait photographs of women. All are undated and contain no descriptive information, but are presumably from the late nineteenth century. Four of the portraits are tintypes, two are cabinet cards, and one is a cased daguerreotype.
Three photographs and a discharge certificate for Oscar Benjamin Franklin, a sergeant in Company D of the Third Tennessee Infantry, sent to Texas in 1916 for border patrol.
This collection contains 60 photographs from Khartoum and the Nile River. Also contained are 29 photos from the Alps. The dates of the photographs range from 1902 to 1905 and are taken by an unknown photographer.
This collection contains a photo album comprised of 92 photographs circa 1880. The album features native inhabitants of the Middle East and Northern Africa, as well as photographs of prominent structures and cities in those regions.
This collection, compiled by Richard Leavitt, contains photographs and memorabilia related to Tennessee Williams. The material spans from Williams's childhood to his rise to prominence on the American stage, and on to the later, experimental stages of his career.
This collection consists of the correspondence and personal effects documenting the life and death of Robert L. Forrester Jr., a pilot in the Army Air Corps during World War II.
This collection consists of postcards, correspondence, photographs, and personal papers of Samuel Houston Jestes and Bertha Regina "Bessie" Jones ranging from 1905 to 1919.
This collection contains seven panoramas of Tennessee ROTC training circa 1917.
This collection consists of four stills and three key book photographs from the 1949 film adaptation of Ayn Rand's 1943 novel, The Fountainhead. Included in the collection is a rare photograph of the film's stars, Patricia Neal and Gary Cooper, posing with a first-edition copy of the novel.
This collection consists of one photograph from the original 1949 film, The Hasty Heart, starring Patricia Neal, Ronald Reagan, and Richard Todd. Vincent Sherman was the director, John Patrick the playwright, and the screenwriter was Ranald MacDougall. The Hasty Heart was one of Patricia Neal's earliest films.
This collection consists of thirteen reference photographs from the 1948 film documentary, The Quiet One. James Agree wrote the commentary and dialogue; Sidney Meyers directed; Helen Levitt was the screenwriter and cinematographer, and Gary Merrill narrated the film.
- Photographs. 25
- Photographs -- 20th century. 11
- Photographs -- 19th century. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 2
- Egypt -- Description and travel. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Portraits. 2
- Panoramic photographs 2
- Photograph albums -- United States. 2
- Photographers -- Tennessee. 2
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 2
- Portrait photography -- United States. 2
- Postcards. 2
- Sudan -- Description and travel. 2
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 2
- Tennessee, East. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- Abolition movement -- 1840-1850. 1
- Actors and actresses -- United States. 1
- Africa, North -- Description and travel. 1
- African American physicians -- History. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 1
- Botany -- Research. 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 1
- Civil engineering. 1
- Cocke County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Color photography. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Dentists -- Tennessee. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Dramatists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Family life -- Tennessee. 1
- Farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Knoxville, Tenn.). 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Hiking 1
- Hospitals -- Tennessee. 1
- Ijams Nature Center (Tenn.) 1
- Ijams family. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains). 1
- Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States. 1
- Motion pictures -- United States. 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Photography -- Plates. 1
- Photography -- Studios and dark rooms. 1
- Photography, Stereoscopic. 1
- Portrait photography 1
- Postal service -- Employees. 1
- Postal service -- Tennessee. 1
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 1
- Psychiatry -- History. 1
- Silent Films 1
- Stereoscopic views -- Tennessee. 1
- Teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee River -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Voyages and travels. 1
- Williams, Tennessee. 1911-1983 -- Photographs. 1
- Wilson County (Tenn.) 1
- Women teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- floral photography 1 ∧ less