Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection consists of photographs of African-Americans in the Knoxville, Tenn. area during the early 20th century. Many are of Dr. Charles S. Boyd, his dental office, and his family.
This collection consists of a number of portrait photographs taken by 40 Knoxville photography firms between approximately 1870 and 1900.
Collection contains twelve portrait photographs of women taken in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Most of the photographs have no identifying information except for studio information, and some of the photographs are mounted.
This collection contains seven portrait photographs of women. All are undated and contain no descriptive information, but are presumably from the late nineteenth century. Four of the portraits are tintypes, two are cabinet cards, and one is a cased daguerreotype.
- Photographs -- 20th century. 3
- Photographers -- Tennessee. 2
- Photographs -- 19th century. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 2
- Portrait photography -- United States. 2
- African American physicians -- History. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Dentists -- Tennessee. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) 1
- Photography -- Studios and dark rooms. 1
- Portrait photography 1 ∧ less