Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Arnell Family Papers represents three generations of the Arnell family: Radical Republican Reconstruction politician and U.S. congressman Samuel Mayes Arnell, U.S. Bureau of Pensions worker and lawyer Samuel Mayes Arnell, Jr., and University of Tennessee graduate Harriette Locke Arnell. The collection contains family papers, financial and legal papers, and historical papers dated 1780-1957, with the bulk of the material covering 1860-1910.
This collection contains material documenting the life and accomplishments of William Robert Anderson, Captain of the USS Nautilus SSN 571 during the Cold War and Tennessee Congressman in the 1960s and early 1970s.
This collection consists of a single one-page handwritten letter written by Felix Grundy on February 13, 1813.
This collection features one handwritten letter from Horace Maynard dated May 10, 1878.
This collection is a pamphlet including a letter from the Chevalier D'Yrujo, Minister Plenipotentiary to the United States, to the Chairman of the Committee appointed to report on William Blount's impeachment.
This collection consists of a print of a sketch of William Blount etched by Albert Rosenthal in 1888.
This collection consists of Pryor Lea's license to practice law in Tennessee, dated June 10, 1817. Lea was a politician and railroad entrepreneur. He served in the 2nd district for Tennessee in the House of Representatives.
This collection contains nine issues of The Watchdog from 1975-1981 printed in Knoxville, Tennessee, by Cas Walker.
Two versions of William Gibbs McAdoo's diary documenting his life from 1846 to 1894. McAdoo wrote this diary and series of letters during the Mexican War, Civil War, and through his later years until 1894. Volume 1 is the draft version of the compilation of these extracts and Volume 2 is the final version.
This collection contains a letter from October 13, 1843 written by William Houston to his brother-in-law Thomas Wier of Jacksboro, Tennessee.
- Subject: Politicians -- Tennessee. X
- Artists -- United States. 1
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Campbell County (Tenn.) 1
- Cold War. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Families -- Tennessee. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Law -- Tennessee. 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 1
- Underwater exploration -- Arctic ocean 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1809-1817. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy. 1 ∧ less