Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Crossville P. O. W Camp Collection, 1942-1981 consists primarily of newspaper clippings and copies of photographs. Also included in the collection is a history of the Camp property and correspondence and a memoir compiled by a former camp guard.
This collection features resources about the Prisoner of War camps in Crossville and Tullahoma, Tennessee. Including personal narratives, documents, and later recounts and analyses, these materials present information and understanding of these two camps during WWII.
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
This collection contains a narrative of John H. “Corky” Moulton’s experience as a prisoner of war in Germany and Austria during World War II.
Copies of the Maryville-Alcoa Times and The Tennessean with featured articles on prisoner of war camps during World War II.
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
This collection contains research collected by Wiley O. Woods, Jr. and Ed Weiss. It concerns the detachment of Air Force men who were sent to San Jose, Mindoro, Philippine Islands during the early days of World War II, and who spent 37 months in a Prisoner of War camp (Tan Toey) on the island of Ambon.
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 3
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Crossville Internment Camp (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Germany. Luftwaffe -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Philippines. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less