Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Henry Brown Collection
This is a collection of over fifty civil war letters written by Harry Brown to his wife from August 1861 through September 1862.
Milton Weaver Collection
William A. Huddard Papers
This is a collection of sixty-one Civil War letters written by William A. Huddard to his father. The letters begin in June of 1861 and end in April of 1864. Huddard’s letters to his father describe many aspects of life in the western armies during the Civil War. He describes battles, camp life, enemy combatants, the environment, furloughs, his health, rumors, and weather.
William Cosgrove Letter
This collection is composed of a letter that William Cosgrove of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, Battery G, wrote to his aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bowers, in Mount Vernon (Knox County) Ohio from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 1864. He writes of cousin Charles's death in Memphis and his own Battery's move to Nashville. Also, he speaks of conditions in camp, including a recent outbreak of smallpox and his personal troubles with rheumatism.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Artillery operations. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 31st (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 74th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865). 1 ∧ less