Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract This collection contains a letter dated November 14, 1861, by Lieutenant William R. Lacy of the 6th Tennessee Infantry (CSA) to his cousin, Amarila Lemons. Written from Columbus, Ky., he describes the rules and conditions placed on a soldier in the areas of Belmont, Missouri and Columbus. The letter includes an explanation of the treatment of prisoners. Lacy speaks of the wounded and the Union dead. He adds that a cousin, Thomas Lacy, resigned and became a Captain of a company at Union...
Dates: 1861 November 14
- Subject: Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 6th. X