Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
J. S. Hanna Letter
A handwritten letter from J. S. Hanna to an unknown recipient written circa November 24, 1862 from Fort Saunderson, Bolivar, TN. The letter discusses his time at his time at the fort including sickness and weather.
Dates: circa 1862 November 24
Jacob Rowland Letters
Abstract This collection consists of two letters from Union soldier Jacob Rowland to his sister, Olive. The first letter, dated January 26, 1865, is sent from Knoxville, Tenn., where Rowland reports of "...quiet times here in Knoxville just now occasionally review as inspection we moved our camp last Tuesday. We were on the south side of the river about 1 1/2 miles from the city. Now we are quartered inside of the breast works right in the suburbs..." The second letter, dated February 20, 1865, is...
Dates: 1865 January 26-February 20
Soldier Alexander B. Richards Civil War Letter
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
Dates: 1864 February 14
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Bolivar (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Loudon County (Tenn.) 1
- Soldiers -- Illinois -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1 ∧ less