Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Ferol Frost Hubbs Genealogy Research
Overview Collection contains three typewritten manuscripts collected or compiled by Ferol Frost Hubbs, a genealogist from Greeneville, Tennessee. Two items are histories of Tennessee families, "The Genealogy of Andrew Johnson, The Seventeenth President of the United States" (17 pages) and "The Genealogy of the John E. McGaughey Family of Atlanta, Georgia” (61 pages). The third is an index to a previously published work, Histories of Tennessee, and is 174 pages....
Dates: 1938 May-1958 November
John J. Addington Genealogical Papers
This collection houses typescripts of letters, cemetery records, and legal records, photocopied correspondence and newspaper clippings, genealogical charts, and newsletters documenting the descendants of the Jacob Banner, Jacob Koger, and William Addington families. All of the material was collected by the Rev. John J. Addington in the 1970s.
Dates: 1973 April 21-1975 October 1
Mary Hoss Headman Genealogical Research
This collection houses a wealth of genealogical research accumulated by Mary Hoss Headman. Most of the material deals with Southern families during the 18th and 19th centuries.
"Our McCrary Family and Related Ancestral Lines"
In this typescript, Dixie Lee McCrary enumerates the descendants of Joseph and Hannah (Powell) McCrary and of Jacob and Elizabeth (Peddycourt) Holt. Both of these families lived in the Southeastern United States.
Peter H. Prince Papers
Abstract The bulk of this collection is composed of photographs, newspaper clippings, computer printouts, xerox copies, floppy disks, correspondence, and reference publications documenting Peter Hayden Pete Prince's research into the history of his family and of the Great Smoky Mountains both before and after the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was formed. Other materials document Prince's personal life (including his two fiancees, his work with cerebral palsy patients, his struggle to find...
- Subject: Southern States -- Genealogy. X
- Cemeteries -- Southern States. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Southern States. 1
- Dowsing. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Holt family -- Genealogy. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- McCreery family -- Genealogy. 1
- Southern States -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less