Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection houses correspondence, day books, photographs, legal and financial materials, newspaper articles, genealogical materials, and other items documenting the Divine family of Tazewell and Johnson City, Tennessee. Over half of the items pertain to Major Paul E. Divine; the remainder were created by Lulu Belle (Milburn) Divine, W. E. F. Divine, Florence Ella (Williams) Milburn, Blaine Milburn, and Milburn Sis Divine.
Collection contains a mounted photograph of the 1st Tennessee Regiment on board a transport ship. The portraits of two colonels of the 1st Tennessee Regiment, Colonel William Crawford Smith and Colonel Gracey Childers, are inset into the photograph.
This collection contains the papers, photographs, diaries, and personal effects of Robert Morris Travis, who served as a private, corporal, and sergeant in the U. S. Army's 4th Infantry for thirty years. Among these materials are copies of Morris's book, Sketches from the History of an Adventurous Life, which describes his time in Cuba and the Philippines during the Spanish-American War.
This collection consists of one scrapbook from S. B. Newman which contains a collection of Spanish-American War envelopes. Each envelope in the scrapbook contains an identifiable logo concerning the war.
This collection features six stereoviews taken between 1898 and 1900, as well as one undated photograph. The stereoviews are of President McKinley and his cabinet, and of the Spanish-American War. The photograph is of a Tennessee soldier named Fred Nickles.
These photographs include a review of troops, Sandwich Parade and Camp of 31st Michigan Volunteers in September 1898.
The United Spanish War Veterans Papers, 1934, consists of a letter and envelope from the United Spanish War Veterans, Jackson Camp #30, which urges people to continue supporting the League and its politicians.
- Subject: Spanish-American War, 1898. X
- Spanish-American War, 1898. 7
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Pictorial works 2
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901 -- Pictorial works. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Washington (State) -- History. 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- Spanish; Castilian 1