Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Rosecrans Letter to Medical Dept. G. O. No. 2
This letter is written by Rosecrans to a doctor at Medical Department Gen. Orders No. 2 on July 15th, 1863. It discusses military politics, the occupation of Knoxville by Bragg, and well wishes.
Sgt. William A. Smith Letter to J. O. Jones
A letter was written by Sgt. William A. Smith, Co. B 71 Ind. 6th Cav., on October 5, 1863. He talks about Union occupation north of Knoxville, TN and the increased price of goods and foods in the Confederate states as oppsosed to the Union. He also writes about a brigade of women marching and carrying the U.S. flag. The letter was submitted to Mr. J. O. Jones, postmaster of Terre Haute, Indiana, in hopes that he could get it published in the local newspaper.
Tilghman Blazer Papers
The Tilghman Blazer Papers, 1864-1892, contains two notebooks, both of which are in fairly good condition. The first details his military experience as a member of Company K of the 8th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry (Union) in Georgia and Tennessee during 1864, and the second contains classroom rosters and business transactions written after his return to Cocke County, Tenn.
- Correspondence. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less