Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
William J. Crook wrote this letter to his cousin from the field in Kentucky on October 7, 1862. He discusses his regiment's campaign in Kentucky, including the recent Confederate victory in the Battle of Richmond. He also proclaims his belief in the Southern cause, praises Southern womanhood, and discusses religion and family life.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Confederate States of America. Army. X
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 13th. X