Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Henry Warren Diary
In this diary, Henry Warren describes his service with the 20th Tennessee Infantry Regiment (CSA) in Tennessee and Kentucky. A document signed by Governor Isham G. Harris inside the diary nominates Warren as a Drill Master and orders him to report for duty. Both of these items have been transcribed onto a CD housed with the collection.
Dates: 1861 July 10-November 4
Pinckney Latham Collection
Abstract In this diary, Pinckney Latham describes his service with Company A of the 4th Tennessee Infantry (CSA), nicknamed the Shelby Grays. Early entries mention troop movements, Latham's capture on February 12, 1865 near Memphis, Tennessee, and his parole at Vicksburg the following month. The diary goes on to describe his assignment to Meridian, Mississippi, including his journey to Meridian, the people he meets, the girls he sees, his activities when off duty, the weather, the progress of the...
Dates: 1860 February 28, 1865 January 6-1867 November 10, 1952; Majority of material found within 1865-1867
Reminiscences of the Civil War and Newspaper Articles
T. J. Walker's handwritten, 98-page manuscript chronicles the time he spent with the 9th Tennessee Infantry between approximately 1861 and 1865. During his service, Walker was wounded five times and contracted dysentery and typhoid at Corinth, Mississippi.
Dates: 1954 February 15-17, undated
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 20th. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 9th. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1